Mine came from the PO.  It is an ikd Simrad AP22 system.  It typically
works pretty well but occasionally gets overpowered, though I'm not sure it
is a fault of the unit.  I think there are poor power supply lines and
connections which cause a low voltage at the drive.  I don't use it enough
to need to troubleshoot.

One feature I real like which maybe available on all auto pilots is the
option of steering to the wind, magnetic bearing, or chart plotter course.

Here are some pictures and a video to help you get an idea of what will be
involved in a possible installation.  Other listers have chosen to build a
shelf in the port lazaret which makes install and access much easier.  The
PO did mine so install was not my issue.  As for access, my wife slips in
through the back wall of the aft berth.  I enjoy retaining the entire
storage volume of the lazaret.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yZU1hczd0QlNEOWc

More info and pictures available upon request.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD