From: Howard and Skippy via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Howard and Skippy <emp...@optonline.net>
Sent: Tue, Sep 25, 2018 10:14 am
Subject: Stus-List Cutlass bearing

Looking to replace the cutlass bearing
on my 1985 35 mk3.
Any info would be helpful.
 Does the rudder have to be removed or will the shaft slide by it?
Is there a special tool for removing it without removing the shaft?

Thanks
Gerry Fennessey
Fianna

    Gerry, I had my cutlass bearing replaced a few seasons ago. I had to
remove the prop and the marina had a special tool that pressed out    the old
bearing and then pressed in a new one without having to    remove the shaft.
The answer is yes, such a tool does exist. Ask    around and hopefully you will
be able to find a marina who has the    tool. It makes life much easier.
    Howard Paul, Knot Again 84 35-3