I seem to replace zincs more than usual, perhaps a symptom of my Marina and the
proximity to tug boats who drop barges of gravel off on the other side of the
creek. Anyway I was snooping around the engine and discovered that the other
end of (what appears to be a ground) wire running from a steel tang resting on
the prop shaft to a corroded wire that goes nowhere. Does anyone have other
ideas about what this metal piece on the shaft is used for, and it it was
intended to ground the prop shaft to prevent my zinc habit.

Here’s a photo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EqgjP3GIU0TPHkF2BPOT3bVz4QoDBiI0/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Chris Hobson