Uh oh, tempers can flare when the new F-N bomb comes out....

I think Marlon is basically PA6 or PA66 Nylon.  It's become a very common
material in a lot of adverse applications.  Makita, Milwaukee, Festool,
Hilti and other heavy duty tool manufacturers use it extensively.  The
automotive industry now uses it extensively.  I was dismayed a few years
ago when I first saw a plastic intake manifold, but they've held up fine.
I see more of it all the time in industrial equipment I work on. It's tough
stuff.

In my last boat, I had the raw water intake handle break off an old RC
Marine valve, so I replaced it with the newer Forespar version.  It became
very stiff to move to the point I was concerned it too would break.  I
subsequently learned I incorrectly installed it by tightening it too much.
I was, as Billy Joel said: in a NPT state of mind.  I took the valve out,
cleaned off the old goo and teflon tape and the re-installed with 4200 to
just barely snug tight.  After the 4200 set up it was solid.  This same
valve sprang back to it's original shape and worked fine.

My seacocks are likely stuck due to corrosion.  I wonder about hidden
corrosion between the seacock and the through hull fitting.  Whether or not
I'm hooked up to shore power, I seem to chew through zincs.  So for me, the
Marlon seems to be the best choice.  I can appreciate others like the
solidness of a bronze fitting.  To each, his own.

Eric