I have the same situation:  fixed and handheld both with DSC. From my MMSI certificate:
/
//All radios and other MMSI-requiring equipment (such as AIS units) permanently associated with the vessel should use the same MMSI. The MMSI number will////remain with that vessel and its equipment regardless of owner. The registration must be cancelled or updated to reflect a new owner upon sale or trade of the////vessel./

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY