I need the collective wisdom on this one.

Pictures here:
 IMG_6750.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1znDiTdnSAfj89gETGSYAzGlTGPaJPGLM/view?usp=drive_web>

 IMG_6747.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A8ykQQMEgWAVr-Y3Dd5oxvPRXd_tMdMX/view?usp=drive_web>

On Breakaweigh I discovered my forward bulkhead holding the chain plate for
the headstay was constructed using a plywood core and had been modified
over the years. Of course no one thought to isolate the core in there when
drain holes were drilled and such and now the core material inside the
bulkhead is nearly disintegrated or rotten. There is a front and back
fiberglass layer, each about 1/4" thick and are well tabbed into the hull.

This rot is making me damn nervous and my gut is telling me to cut into the
exposed side, remove the rot, clean it up, sand, etc. and re-bed in
something stronger than wood, then re-glass and re-tab it into the hull.

Before I try anything like that I'm just wondering if cutting then
re-glassing one side of these original hull tabs is a bad idea? will the
new tabs be strong enough to support the re-inforced bulkhead? (using good
quality glass and epoxy)

Thanks guys,

Dan
Breakaweigh