I don't have Spartite but it looks like a very good solution to prevent point
stick to the mast and to release from the collar and may require some
persuasion from inside to help that along when they crane out the mast.
Rubber mallet and short 2 x 4 to tap it loose?   I haven't researched this but
maybe the collar needs to be heavily waxed before assembly, to prevent
adhesion.   This would need to be done each time prior to restepping.

Chuck, Resolute 1990 C&C 34R