Rob,

When I am out for a cruise I will use my roller furl only - upwind, reaching and downwind. A lot less hassle and i am not worried about someone losing their head to the boom or fingers to the main traveler.  The roller furl is 140% and most importantly the helm is balanced going upwind.  Main only, the boat is a dog upwind.

Don Kern
Fireball, C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI