Hi Shawn, don't let the diagram scare you. My 30-2 is even higher on the
chart. All it means is that you need to reef early to keep the admiral
happy. I feel that any boat that has a decent amount of power in the sail
plan will rank up there. You can always reduce sail area in heavy weather,
but when the wind is light you will appreciate the extra area so that you
can keep sailing while other cruisers have had to fire up their engines...
My .02$ heel angle has more to do with sail trim and boat handling; then it
does about the design.

Also, many boats that are raced regularly will be better maintained and
have better gear than an old neglected cruiser.

Regards,

Morgan