Hi Shawn,
     The 35 Mk II is a fantastic boat (I owned one), but purchasing without
a survey is quite risky.  You seem to understand that, so I won't belabor
the point.

     Dennis is right (usually is), the tabbing of the forward bulkhead can
be an issue, but is not particularly difficult or expensive to fix.  Mine
was broken, but I fixed it myself and never had any more problems.  I would
be more concerned about the balsa coring in the deck.  Without the proper
tools (moisture meter), I don't know how you are going to check for that.
You can tap on the deck with the handle of a screwdriver, listening for the
softer sound, but without experience, I'm not sure how successful you will
be.  Do you have access to the mechanical inspection?  Replacing the engine
or transmission for whatever reason can be very expensive.  Should at least
do an oil analysis of the engine and transmission as well as a compression
check of the engine.  Are you experienced enough to evaluate the condition
of the sails.  Even if they don't have rips or holes in them, it doesn't
mean they are not all bagged out and useless.  A decent main sail might
cost you $3-4K.  The reality is there are many things that can go wrong
with a sailboat that seem simple but cost a lot to fix.  I'm not trying to
be negative, just realistic.  If you get a good 35 Mk II, you will really
enjoy a wonderful sailing boat.

Best of luck,
Gary
S/V Kaylarah