Shawn, I replaced my 30 yr old rigging last summer only because I plan on doing
extended off shore cruising. Had I not been planning this I would not have done
so, as the cost was that of a new car. I did have to replace 1 roller furler,
goose neck, and did a couple of up grades. If your worried about the rigging
have the swages NDT inspected. If no cracks I say keep using it. FWIW. Doug
Mountjoy Sv Rebecca Leah LF39Port Orchard YC wa.
-------- Original message --------From: Shawn Wright via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/22/19  07:59  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Shawn Wright <shawngwri...@gmail.com> Subject:
Stus-List Standing rigging replacement on 35-2 Hello all,The 35-2 we are about
to purchase has standing rigging of unknown age, although it appears to be
solid. There is a fellow at the club where the boat is currently located who
does rigging, and is going to give me a quote. As the boat is already being
hauled and put on the hard for 2 weeks, and the club has a mast crane, it seems
like a good opportunity to get it done, and also any work on the mast, check
the keel bolt under the mast, etc. The boat has dual forestays with furlers,
single backstay with hydraulic tensioner, and standard upper, fore & aft lower
shrouds. Just interested in what a ballpark cost should be, and how this would
compare to me ordering the wire are terminals and doing it myself.Also, the
boat has 7 through hulls, all marelon which appear to be in good condition, but
some are a bit stiff. I'm assuming this is due to growth inside and lack of
exercise (current owner leaves them open it seems). What is the recommended
maintenance for these during a haulout?Thanks!-- Shawn
wrightshawngwri...@gmail.com