Dennis;

I thought that the process on an LST was to drop the kedge anchor on the way
into the shore so it was in place already when you wanted to get the h#ll out
of Dodge after unloading the grunts.

Charlie;

My kedge anchor/lunch hook is a Fortress FX25 on 30 feet of chain on a nylon
rode. And I took it out with the dinghy and dropped it on the only occasion I
actually needed it.

For ICW passages I keep a copy of Active Captain running on an iPad near the
helm. The hazard warnings are pretty much up to date, with the latest info
updated every few days. Another source is to look at the Salty Southeast
Cruisers’ Net for an upcoming segment on the night before you do a passage. You
can also find ACE and USCG surveys for most of the problem stretches.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC