Dave,

Went through a similar exercise on my Hylas.  It only leaked when under
way.   Is the water salt or fresh?  Hot from the engine?
Turned out the stuffing box on the rudder post was leaking as was the sink
drain - but only when under way.  I suggest you dry the bilge and go out
with a friend and a flashlight.  It may be as simple as a loose hose clamp.

Joel

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 12:56 PM David Morrison via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Looking for some help with my bilge filling every two days or so.  I
> pulled up all of the floor boards this past weekend on my 1980 C&C 40.  All
> of the through hulls are dry - none are leaking. But the bilge water level
> just slowly creeps up.  I'm guessing the issue is with the keel or keel
> bolts which all look like new?
>
> Can anyone offer advise on my best approach to slow the intake - haul and
> inspect keel?  Tighten bolts (how is that done? they are huge)
>
> While I'm here I will throw another question out - both port and starboard
> fresh water tanks leak.  What is best approach to that fix - tear out and
> replace?
>
> Any advise to these two issue is most welcome.
>
> --Dave
> Terrapin Flyer
> New Haven, CT

Joel