The nationality rules are slowing changing.  For 2021 in New Zealand the rules dictate:

Twenty percent or three crew, whichever is higher, must be citizens of the country of the competing yacht club. The remainder of the crew can be made up of residents of the challenging yacht club’s country which is defined by being physically present in that country for a minimum of 380 days over a two year period, between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2020.

Don Kern
/Fireball /C&C 35 Mk2
Bristol, RI