I beg patience as i am hoping there is some quick troubleshooting hints that
can be provided.

Purchased a 1990 C&C 34 +. really really happy with boat and currently working
through some smaller items to get her up to speed.

one of these involves the holding tank. My jabsco manual toilet exits through a
Y valve to sea or to  holding tank.  No external macerator system is in place..
Even when Y valve set to sea I am having a smell go away and then return to the
head area.

Holding tank was pumped before transport after purchase and appears close to
empty.

Steps to date:

1) Had a group out on the boat
2) next day head ines appeared blocked as there was back pressure on handle
3) removed lines got shop vacuum cleared lines and flushed with vinegar and
water
4 thought everything would be good
5) Noticed smell in head
2) noticed back flow of liquid into bowl
3) again fought with stiff lines and replaced joker valve
3) back flow and  Smell went away
4) a few days later after not using boat the smell came back but not from
toilet bowl
5) noticed that when I opened door under vanity sink bowl in the space that
houses the holding tank that the smell was more extreme
6) thought of taking tank out to inspect during winter but have no idea how to
access it to do so.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to troubleshoot tsmell, holding tank or
lines and or remove tank?

Thanks,

Blair
C&C 34+