Jake, Have you gotten any calls at all? If not then your add and/or photos are
not working.   Was your broker able to give you a sold boats comparison of C&Cs
like yours?   That week help you know if your pricing is reasonable. If you are
getting calls and showings then, there is something with the boat. Do you have
maintenance records?  When's the last time the rig was serviced/replaced.  How
old are the sails, life lines, cushions, head hoses  etc...  clean clean clean.
 Does it have that gross old boat smell?  Scrub the bilge.  That really helps.
If the boat needs sails & standing rigging you should adjust your price too
allow for those or do it yourself and out that in the ad.  I replaced sails and
standing rigging on a Viking 33 and the cost was almost $6k.  I certainly take
all this into considering when I've been boat shopping.  So many people defer
defer defer and then expect high market value. My Viking was clean had new
everything, including a new engine and I got high market value in 6 weeks on
the market. I sold it myself.  I listed everywhere.  SailboatOwners,
sailboatlistings, sailboatdata, Craigslist, anywhere i could find.  I paid some
for preferred listings.   Take pictures that will show as much of the whole
interior spaces as possible.   Close ups of the range and locker ands head do
nothing to paint an overall picture.  Some brokers use fish eye lenses, don't
do that. Those photos are awful. I can't stress enough that a clean oder free
boat is essential.  Keep the boat looking as though you just left not like
you've walked away from a foreclosure.  Take everything off and leave only the
bare essentials and well organised.  Then, a potential buyer will think, "the
person who owned this boat was very particular"  So it's either amazing
condition or great pricing that will attract a buyer.  Thanks, Danny
-------- Original message --------From: Jake Brodersen via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 10/20/19  10:10 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: captain_j...@cox.net Subject: Stus-List Boat Selling
Tips Hi guys,I’ve been lurking for quite some time, but still have an interest
for this great group.  Having purchased a larger cruising boat last year
(Bavaria 44), I have tried for over a year to sell my 1986 C&C Mk-III.  I
initially tried to sell it myself.  I listed it on Craigslist, advertised on
the FSBO web site (for sale by owner), and spread the word through my local
sailors.When summer turned to fall and no action, I enlisted a reputable local
broker to list my boat.  After listing it on Yacht World for over a year, we
have yet to have a single buyer interested enough to even come take a look at
it.  The boat is well equipped for racing and cruising and comes with a ton of
equipment.  I’ve dropped the price over $10K and still no interest.  What does
it take to sell a boat these days?  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.Thanks,Jake Brodersen1986 C&C 35 Mk-III“Midnight Mistress”Hampton
VA
Why Metformin Makes You Sick
simplebloodsugarfix.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5dad023f927bc23d16best04vuc