My 32 has Navtec rod rigging....the shrouds are connected with what I called a 'thru-bolt' ....a bolt that goes through the mast and is threaded on both ends....the tangs screw to the thru-bolt and the shrouds are kept in place by the tangs.

When I got the boat in 2006, the rig was completely disassembled when it arrived by truck....putting it together, I noticed the thru-bolts were about a third worn through by the chaffing of the wire/rope halyards.....the thru-bolt(s) were aluminum...the next season, I took them to a machine shop and had two SS trhu-bolts made.

With my rig, the shroud will rotate or move to the correct angle down if all is tightened properly not too tight and not too loose.

Robert Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 #277
Halifax, N.S.