David,

would love to know your itinerary for that trip!!  How long were out on that cruise?

Danny

On 2/25/2020 7:38 AM, David Paine via CnC-List wrote:
Hi Mike,

Last summer we sailed up to Nova Scotia (from RI) and, when we got there, we used the CCA guide.  It seemed adequate for the harbor hopping that we did from Shelburne to St Petes, Bras D'or Lakes.    It is bare bones though -- mostly narrative and none of the illustrated charts that are common in other cruising guides I've seen.   There are lots of places along the NS coast to drop the hook but if you need fuel and supplies (gas in my case as I still have the original Atomic 4 in my C&C33) the options are limited between Halifax and St Peters.   In fact, even Mahone bay, where I thought for sure there would be fuel, only had diesel at the gas dock so we had to ferry fuel in jerry cans from gas station using the dinghy -- all part of the fun!   Luckily the winds were very cooperative so we didn't really need much fuel.

David