Maybe when I repaint and can fill hole…but in the meantime.

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650

From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Ken Heaton via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:48 AM
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fuel tracker app

At some point in the past, a past owner moved the Fuel Tank vent from the
outside of the hull to the inside of the Propane Locker, which is right next to
the fuel fill on our 37 XL.  The reason was to make it impossible for the fuel
vent to draw water into the fuel tank with the rail under.  This new location
is very helpful when filling the tank as it is easy to listen to for the change
in sound when filling.  Even if it spits out a wee bit of fuel, it is easy to
clean up as it is contained within the propane locker so can be cleaned up
quickly before it goes out the propane locker drain.

Ken H.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 07:53, Andrew Burton via CnC-List
When I top up fuel I listen with my ear close to the fill and when I hear the
gurgle change pitch I stop filling. You can get an idea of what I’m talking
about by getting an empty wine bottle—something we all have kicking around
these days—and listening as you fill it from the tap. When it’s just about full
the noise of water gets higher. Doing this I never had fuel come out my vent on
my 40.
An important note, empty the water out of the wine bottle when you’re finished
the experiment so you don’t accidentally consume the stuff. Fish s*** in it!
Andy
Masquerade
Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI
USA    02840

www.burtonsailing.com<http://www.burtonsailing.com>
+401 965-5260

On Mar 24, 2020, at 22:41, David Risch via CnC-List
So how do folks "fill" condistently without vent spill.  One of those vent
"catchers"  or some other arrangement?
Thanks.
Sent from my Android. Please forgive typos. Thank you.

From: CnC-List
<cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com>> on behalf
of Andrew Burton via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>>