I’ve had both raymarine control with electric drive and the current Garmin
control with Octopus ram on my boat.

Garmin hands down.  Octopus vs Ray Electric drive is virtually no difference in
feel.   Power consumption the Octopus is another hands down winner.

From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of bwhitmore via
CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:23 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: bwhitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Linear Auto Pilot install

Hi Gary,

I have to disagree with you on the comment regarding the hydraulic drive.  I
have an Octopus unit, and when it is disengaged, I can feel the water flowing
over the rudder from my prop when under power - it is that sensitive.  For such
a large boat, the steering is remarkably sensitive.

Bruce Whitmore

C&C 37/40+

"Astralis"

Madeira Beach, FL