What kind of controller? What was the battery voltage at the time? Most
controllers have screw in terminal blocks, which make it easy to check the
panel voltage at the controller, which should be around 18-20V. If not,
check the voltage right at the panel. If it differs, then there is a bad
connection. With my PWM controller, when the batteries are fully charged,
it will only show a very small charging current for float mode. Usually,
turning on something of a decent load like a pump or fridge for a minute or
so will cause the controller to kick out of float mode and show 4-6A of
charging (150W panel)

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com