I am ticking away at the list of to-dos in order to get Freya off of the
hard and in the water. Thoughts have gone to actually sailing her and not
just all the things that need to be done to a boat that was left on the
hard and forgotten for a few years.
In looking at the rigging today, I was reminded that Freya has a set of
running backstays. The previous owners raced her. I haven't sailed with
running backstays since our old family Narrasketuck on the Great South Bay.
Does anyone use these? If so, do you have a picture of how they are set up
on the deck? Can I safely sail without them?
Thanks for any input.
David Swensen