Fred:

If the leak is around the bolt holes, the wood between the deck and the
liner may be wet. I recommend removing the bolts, drill out the holes with
a 1/2" or larger bit, and fill the holes with epoxy. After 24 hours,
redrill the holes for the 1/4" bolts, countersink the holes slightly, and
remount the collar using 4200 or Lifeseal (I prefer Lifeseal). If the leak
is around the mast (if the boot isn't keeping the water out), use Spartite.
Here's a link to a YouTube video describing the procedure:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yhs-invalid&p=You+Tube+Spartite#id=2&vid=0c0b33ae95afda211235340051bdd29b&action=click

Alan Bergen