Thanks Mike,

The costs you mention are not a surprise. We are factoring these issues in
our decision. We actually have a fleet of old boats in the family that all
need various amounts of "love" every year. Presently, a Herreshoff catboat,
a Hobie 16, a Triangle Class sloop my grandfather built, a Sunfish, and the
O'Day 23-2.

"Raced on one from Marblehead to Halifax one year and it was very
comfortable offshore" Not in the immediate plans, a more sea-kindly boat
would make a coastal cruise over a week vacation up to Bar Harbor and back
more of a possibility.