A wheel pilot is about $1500 and a DIY job. A hydraulic inboard autopilot is
much more. The 40 is too much boat for the wheel pilot in some conditions,
mainly off the wind with some seas running.

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Brideau via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:33 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jeffrey Brideau <bride...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List New-guy C&C 40 Shopping questions

Great point Joe,

That is a big item on the pro/con list for the two boats I linked for the list.
The deep keel has it (if it works), and the CB model does not.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 12:12 PM Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
What he said – you will either buy a boat with a furling jib and an autopilot
or spend the $$$ to add them first thing. My boat is broke if the autopilot is
broke ;)

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I
www.dellabarba.com<http://www.dellabarba.com>