See baggywrinkle

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Cam Lubbock via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

 I figured it has been. Thanks Dennis, that’s an easy solution!

Can

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2020, at 12:29 PM, Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

This has been discussed numerous times.  Most of us just put a piece of cotton
line or a sponge through a hole in the toe rail to wick the water over the
side.  I use lantern wick.  It is not recommended to drill deck or toe rail to
drain the water.

  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Hello All,

I’m guessing I’m not the first one to have this issue, but I haven’t seen it
posted since being a list member.

My C&C 38 mkII has the usual toe rail with the holes all along it. The holes
are about a 1/2” above deck level so only large amounts of water drains from
them. There are scuppers next to the cockpit but they are a few inches inboard
from the rail, and with the sloping decks, they also only drain water when it
gets high. There seems to always be a bit of water sitting along the rail at
the low point, and it makes a bit of a mess of the deck when I’m away from the
boat and not able to sponge it up.

Does anyone have a simple solution besides tearing the deck apart to lower/move
the scupper or drilling through the toe rail which would weaken it? Or should I
just let evaporation do it’s thing and scrub the deck there whenever I can?

Thanks,

Cam
1976 C&C 38 MkII Checkmake
Parry Sound, ON, Canada