Ditto

From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:00 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Builders File

Hey Rich,

I think the builders file is a "nice to have" not a "have to have" item.  I
can't blame South Shore for cleaning them out after storing them for thirty
years.  You're not missing anything.  I find the C&C plans from Kingston Museum
much more useful and refer to those often to find answers.  My two cents.

I bought my boat's builder's file.  Mine has letters from the buyer's dealer to
the plant that show's her original cost and there are parts lists and many
inspection lists showing a few things that were screwed up and needed
correction.  ie: the prop strut was not set properly into hull mold and that
needed to be corrected and the mold tweaked.  Some interior paint was
mismatched and redone.  The parts lists would be valuable except all of the
suppliers are out of business now.  Much of the hardware was made in house.  It
makes an interesting read, as you can relive the excitement of the original
owner waiting for his new yacht, but it doesn't answer many questions, so I
keep it filed.  I treasure the plans I bought from the Kingston Museum and keep
a 24" x 36" sailplan hanging on my living room wall.

Chuck Scheaffer Resolute 1989 C&C 34R

On 12/30/2020 9:03 AM Richard Bush via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com