Perry

You are going through the same thought process I did a few years ago.  At the
time I decided not to go that route for the issues you mentioned plus I didn’t
want the weight. I had an opportunity to get welding cable and used that for
wiring a 1500w windless.  It’s braided but not tinned. I tinned the ends before
installing the lugs.  Wire is over 1/2” not including insulation.  Harbour
freight or Princess auto would be a good source for the cable.

Mike