Thanks, helpful.  I have an old dell..
    On Thursday, March 18, 2021, 06:32:11 PM EDT, Josh Muckley via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 This may not exactly be the direction you want to go but I find old laptops
with USB DTV dongles and DVD players to be great options.  Pick one with an
available cigarette lighter charge adapter so that you can charge with 12v.  I
like the Dell latitude series.  I have an e6540 that I use as a daily.  It is
quite functional as a desktop computer for all needs while underway.  It has
Bluetooth so connecting to the Bluetooth stereo is great for filling the boat
with sound OR connecting to wireless headphones to enjoy privately while
someone is sleeping.  I suppose that if you need anything larger than a 15 inch
screen this won't help.
With the DTV adapters you should consider an alternative antenna and USB
extension cable.  I would mount the USB adapter in a fixed location and then
connect with the USB extension when desired.  This would allow a semi permanent
connection to the antenna and a semi permanent antenna mount.  The antenna
connects with a common SMA or SMB connector and can be easily changed to a
common digital antenna F coax cable.
SMA to F
coaxhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/SMB-MCX-MMCX-FME-Male-to-SMA-Female-Plug-Coaxial-Antenna-Connector-Adapter-/153773757987?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

USB DTV
adapterhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/USB2-0-FM-DAB-DVB-T-RTL2832U-R820T2-RTL-SDR-SDR-Dongle-Stick-Digital-TV-Tuner-/284162576356?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Laptophttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6540-Laptop-2-8GHz-Core-i7-4810MQ-16GB-RAM-No-HDD-No-Battery-/294069605811?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Cigarette
adapterhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/90W-Premium-Laptop-Car-Charger-for-Dell-DC-Adapter-Power-Supply-Cord-19-5V-4-62A-/153437407849?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Josh MuckleyS/V Sea Hawk 1989 C&C 37+Solomons, MD
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021, 15:33 WILLIAM WALKER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>