WE MADE IT... barely.
When we arrived at the Buckman Bridge (just south of Jacksonville) the tide
board read 65.5 feet. I calculated our mast height from the water to 65' 8"
so it was close. We waited one hour on anchor for the tide to drop further
but it did not despite the 22kn head wind forcing water out of the basin...
decision time. We decided to try swinging the boom far out to port opposite
the wind direction, then loading the end of the boom with our dinghy filled
with water and deisel jugs, buckets filled with river water, etc. and
lifted it with the mainsheet block and tackle. Then shifted everyting heavy
inside the boat to the port side. This created about a 20 degree lean. Our
VHF antenna banged off every ghirder but we made it through! Miller time :)

Thanks for all the comments and help here on the list and take notes if you
have a C&C44 like us!

Dan