Thanks everyone.
The measurements came from when I had the mast on the ground, i measured
from the spartite to the top, and also the entire length. Just looking for
confirmation from another 44 owner to make absolutely sure. The bridge has
a tide marker on it and the tide is not too strong here so we won't go for
it unless we are sure. Just looking at the pilings here it looks like the
tide drops 1 or maybe 1.5 ft... not promising. Will probably go up and
remove all the head gear. Another option is to wait for stong wind and
attempt to sail under close hauled if we can get a good lean on.. anyone
tried this?
Dan