Yes.  I plan to make my house bank lithium next fall.  It will isolated and
solar charged.

________________________________
From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2022 9:13:37 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Stus-List Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Batteries again

My batteries are pretty well shot, so this is all good info for me as well. I
always liked gels myself, but they are getting pretty hard to find now.

I have been getting pretty tempted to go for a 300ah lithium, it will fit right
in and give me a TON more amp-hours. If I go that way I am going to swap the
alternator cable to the start battery and use a DC-DC charger for the house
bank. One perhaps not appreciated feature of lithium batteries is that they are
“stiff”, you maintain around 12.8 volts most of the way to being dead.
Wednesday morning I went to check into the Waterway Net and the SSB wasn’t real
happy to be seeing 12.4 volts, this would not be an issue with a lithium bank
unless it was down to its very last bit of juice.

Joe

Coquina