Thanks for the link to the Hull number lookup - exactly what I was looking
for.

I'm not near the boat right now but I do have the aluminum plaque in  the
cockpit that simply says "C&C"... not sure if "made in the usa" is below
it... and inside the boat there IS a small wooden plaque over the v-berth
door but I don't think it is a maker's plaque.

I'm still not able to pinpoint or prove where exactly my C&C44 was made
although the history is pointing to Rhode Island as the boat was
manufactured in August 1985 for the 1986 line. I'm selling it within the US
and if I can prove it was made in Rhode Island it will be easier and less
costly to the buyer.

Does anyone know this information or can any other C&C44 owners who know
where their boat was made chime in?