Good to know.  Ill check my 30 hp Yanmar.  Last sumner running at WOT for 1/2
hour the motor shut down.  It restarted easily and ran fine.  I cleaned the
fuel strainer but found no issues.  Ill replace the air filter.

________________________________
From: Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:06:46 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dave S <syerd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Yanmar 2 GMF

Good to hear.   How the heck did the old one get that clogged?   Bad decade for
mosquitoes?

Dave

On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 at 22:19, Robert Abbott via CnC-List

While I awaited another day for a marine mechanic to get around to
addressing my engine problem, while on the boat today, I thought of
something.    I had a new Yanmar air filter on the boat which I got last
year, which I thought what harm could a new air filter do....changed out
the old one and replaced with new one, and guess what, in neutral, the
engine revived up to 3,400 before i stopped....ran the engine in forward
gear at the slip for another 20 minutes.... shut the engine
off...started again...revved up and down....engine works as it should.

The problem was a lack of air....explains where the smoke was coming
from....incomplete combustion...now, with the new air filter, no smoke.

Thanks to everyone for thoughts/possibilities of what might be the cause
of my engine issue.

Going for a sail tomorrow.

Rob Abbott
AZURA