Did you handle Deet / mosquito repellent with radio.  It will soften some
plastics.  Try cleaning it with acetone before you pitch it.

________________________________
From: Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 12:01:46 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Non- Gooey VHF handheld

I am afraid I'm going to have to ditch my standard horizon 850 handheld. It has
gotten so gooey, I can't stand to touch it, not to mention any place I leave
it, it leaves gooey stuff. I blame the company for outsourcing to China. I
wonder if anybody has a handheld that they feel the rubber is of a decent
quality that it won't go to hell in a hand basket in a few years? I'm kind of
looking for a mid-grade, maybe like an Icon m73 plus? I like the idea of being
able to repeat the last minute of audio, as I have gotten so accustomed to
backing up on my TV when I can't hear something clearly.

Bill Coleman
Entrada Erie PA