Ahhh. The old slant 6 trick….

Dave - clean all your grounds and clean and tighten all connections.  The bouncing meter is a clue to an intermittent or loose connection.  It can also be a switch oxidizing or otherwise failing.

 I assume you are measuring your voltage with reference to a local ground.  (Meaning near the switch).  Measure that but also measure with the meter connected to the battery ground (-) terminal directly.   If the values differ you know you have a bad (high resistance) ground.   You can also verify this by measuring the resistance between those points.
Mine had little  problems due to loose contacts in switches, poor diy terminations, and a big problem most importantly, due to an oxidized lug connecting the entire control harness to the engine.   It has been bulletproof since I worked on it - cleaning, tightening, protecting with dielectric grease and re-doing the prior owners substandard work.
I assume you are working with a schematic, stepwise through each circuit.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone