From: Bob Mann via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2022 12:26:29 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Bob Mann <sailrm...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Leather wheel cover

You should also consider covering it yourself, like this: Dress Up the Steering
Wheel - Good Old
Boat<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoodoldboat.com%2Fdress-up-the-steering-wheel%2F&data=05%7C01%7C%7C9b077f8e44e34cc0e30f08dad425dae4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638055556297034816%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=GWKyhaRUnJCsv4FeWIyQIzm%2BwTeZmOFqx0QZv%2B5wKww%3D&reserved=0>

I bought a 1000' spool of round braided polyester to do mine, learned how to
tie the turks-head and other knots, and did it as a winter project about 3
years ago.  No signs yet of wear and I use the boat 50 times a year on great
lakes.

As I recall, the spool cost under $100 and it took me about 2 hours per section
for each of the 8 sections and another 2 hours for each of the covering knots.
I estimate I used less than 300' on my 36" wheel.

Bob Mann
Mystic
Detroit