Happy New Year Listers.

I’m contemplating replacing the original boom on my 30 MK I with a new Selden
BS120-03B.  This is an outgrowth of my offseason project to replace sheaves &
halyards, add deck organizers and rope clutches to lead lines aft, etc.

What attracts me to a new modern boom is being able to run the outhaul and reef
lines through sheaves at its aft end, through the boom, through sheaves at its
forward end, down to turning blocks on the mast at the collar, then aft via
deck organizers to rope clutches.  The Selden booms also have a pretty slick
internal single-line reefing system for two reef points.

I’ve requested a few quotes and so far the price is less than I feared -
reasonable enough to actually do it.

Have any of y’all done this before, and have any experience to report?

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
SV Grenadine
C&C 30 MK I #79