That's just what I was decribing Ken.  Beautiful.

While we are on the subject, too much tension can ruin the alternator bearings,
so be careful.  Proper tension should be just tight enough there is no
slippage.  Usually that means you can still grab the longest part of the belt
and give it a quarter turn.

Chuck S

>     On 05/14/2023 4:39 PM Ken Heaton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

>     This looks like an easy to make tool.  Just a turnbuckle from the
> hardware store and a little grinding.
>
>     https://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=10338.0
>
>     Ken H.
>
>     On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 4:53 PM Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com > wrote:
>
>         > >
> >         Hello,
> >

> >         A while ago someone on this list talked about a simple (and
> > inexpensive) tool that could be used as the third hand when tensioning the
> > V-belt.
> >

> >         The normal problem is that you need, really, three hands: two to
> > hold the alternator in position, preferable with help of some lever, and
> > the third to tighten the bolt that holds it. That tool was supposed to
> > allow the procedure to be completed single-handedly.
> >

> >         I think that the tool was from McMaster-Carr, or Harbor Freight, or
> > some similar outlet.
> >

> >         I tried to find it searching through Google, but to no avail. In
> > the end, I used the 3rd and 4th hand (of a helpful friend), but I’d like to
> > be able to do it on my own.
> >

> >         Could someone point me to this implement?
> >

> >         Thanks
> >

> >         Marek
> >

> >         1994 c270 ”Legato”
> >
> >         Ottawa, ON
> >

> >         Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album
> > site and help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> >         https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> >         Thanks for your help.
> >         Stu
> >
> >     >     Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album
> > site and help me pay the associated bills. Make a contribution at:
>     https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
>     Thanks for your help.
>     Stu

Thanks for your help.