I posted a few weeks ago about the electric fuel pump on my Universal 25XPB
diesel quitting.  The engine immediately shut down.  There was no cam
driven fuel pump.  There is a plate that covers the spot where a cam driven
pump should be.

Fortunately I had a spare fuel pump.  We were in open waters where we could
sail while I changed it.  Had it happened in confined waters the outcome
may have been different.
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 9:27 AM Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Hadn’t thought of it before but even with a diesel this is a good reason
> to stick with a stock mechanical fuel pump if so equipped.   I’ve mused
> about ‘improving’ my yanmar 2GMF20 but in stock form it has been very
> reliable.  Its fuel pump lived a long life and started seeping as a
> warning.  (I ignored that for too long  but that’s another story) it was
> dead simple to replace, bleed and get rolling again.   Sometimes less is
> more.
>
> Dave 33-2 Windstar (for sale)
> Alubat OVNI 435 (for sail)
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 29, 2023, at 10:13 AM, Joe Della Barba via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Stu