I recommend a SS percolater., about $35 on Amazon.  Order the basket filters
from Melita.  A good SS thermos will keep coffee warm but it is also easy to
reheat.  Starbucks sells Via, quality single use instant packets about $1 each.

________________________________
From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:43:28 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>; CHARLES SCHEAFFER
<cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: best coffee making setup on a boat

For me, coffee is a personal taste you get used to.
The french press flavor, is great, but too much to clean up for me.  (I'll have
to check the newer model press suggested by Josh.)  I keep a $12) 12 cup
electric Mr Coffee on the boat for when we have shorepower.  Bought during my
refit while on the hard, I've had it for four years now.  For off grid, we boil
water on the propane stove and use instant coffee.  There are some pretty good
instant coffee's available now, but you have to try a few to find one you like.
 We prefer the packets from Nescafe.  There are several blends.  It's great to
boil water in the kettle and then have choices of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

I'm considering a stainless coffee perculator I can sit on the stovetop and
brew 8 or 9 cups.  That would make four mugs of coffee and could be reheated in
the same container.   I'd also like to have is a good carafe to keep it hot
longer while underway.

Chuck S
Thanks for your help.
Stu