Chuck - do some research on lithium, they are way cheaper now than even a year
or two ago.  I’m in curacao at the moment refitting my new boat and am
installing two 230ah LiFePo  batteries.
As others have said you need to determine the math regarding the ac.   I’d
strongly suggestadding a 3rd smaller agm as a start battery, setting up the
switching appropriately, then using lithium batteries for the house.  You’ll
never look back.
I documented this on the windstar blog and I think the switching/acr setup
would work for you but you’d need to be sure of your real overnight load
(fridge, anchor light, ac, Netflix?).  And the recharge capacity of your charge
sources.

Dave
Ex c&c 33-2 windstar

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 18, 2023, at 8:02 PM, CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>

> Hey Josh,
>
> Good ideas as always.
>
> I'd really prefer to run AC off the batteries while on the hook.
> It doesn't run continuous all night, but cycles and most nights, I turn off
> the AC for the night after it's cooled down the cabin.  Usually around 11pm.
>
> I would invest in Lithium to a point.  Two lithium 200ah batteries weigh
> almost the same weight as two 100 Ah AGMs.
> tMy goal is to determine the best way to build a reliable system, identify
> all the components needed, price those and consider all the wiring issues.
> if it's too expensive, it will justify staying at a marina on hot nights, and
> plugging in.
>

> Chuck
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.