I love my Aquamap 😊

Joe Della Barba

Coquina C&C 35 MK I

Kent Island MD USA

From: Andrew Burton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2023 9:51 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Mac Navigation options?

I've become a fan of Aquamap, which has Active Captain and Waterway Guide info
integrated with the charts, which themselves are very good.

Andy

Masquerade (Baltic 47)

Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI
USA 02840

phone  +401 965 5260

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 7:37 PM Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

You might look into downloading Active Captain to your Mac, so long as the Mac
has the ability to determine your position by some sort of connections to a GPS.

I run the Active Captain Community app on my old IPad that is with me during
deliveries, and also have it on my Dell laptop. (when on a boat the laptop gets
position info through a link to my android phone)

I have a Garmin chart plotter on Imzadi and have downloaded the Garmin G2
charts (which is a personal preference because they use the same color patterns
and symbols as NOAA charts) to both of my other devices. It all works off-line;
I can download new areas of the charts I have to the IPad if I will be in an
area that is not already saved there because of somewhat limited memory on the
IPad. The laptop has access to the entire North American chart set that came
with my last chart plotter update.

Garmin also owns Navionics, IIRC, and I seem to recall the choice of Navionics
or Blue Chart charts is an option for the newer Garmin Chart plotters. You
might call them and see if since you have the Navionics app and charts on your
phone you can share it to the Active Captain Community app on your Mac.

Rick Brass
Washington, NC