I'm not sure that condensation would be a likely source for any  significant
amount of water to get into the engine oil. The only real point of entry would
be some sort of reverse flow through the EGR valve, which doesn't seem like it
would be likely to admit much water vapor - particularly  in a semi-arid area.
And any rainwater would need to get in through the carburetor and likely
collect in the intake manifold and have little chance of leaking into the oil
pan.

The suggestion of a leak in the engine oil cooler seems a likely possibility,
assuming you have one on that engine model.

Another might be having water in the exhaust manifold when the engine was shut
down that leaked back into the engine through partially opened exhaust valves.
I lost an engine on my 38 that way: The PO had cut corners when the original A4
was replaced by the diesel, and when the boat heeled to port while sailing
water in the lines and muffler could get back into the exhaust manifold. Was OK
for a long time because starting the engine blew the water out. But I lost a
rudder, had to be towed in, and during the months that the boat was on the hard
during the replacement the water leaked into the engine and corroded piston
rings to the cylinder wall so the engine would not start - which required a
rebuild or a new bobtail engine (which turned out to be less costly). Never
looked at the oil pan on the old engine, but seems pretty likely there was
water in there.

Of course, YMMV. Good luck with the engine.

Rick Brass
Washington, NC