I think this feature would be a nice addition to (the) Cobbler (ecosystem).
I'm not quite sure if this should go into Cobbler core, perhaps we should
provide additional repo's for add-ons?

Personally i'd love to see greater decoupling of some subsystems of Cobbler
and move them into their own subprojects & packages.

Would that be a good solution for your add-on ??

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Alan Evangelista <ala...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
> wrote:

> We have developed code to generate statistics about OS installation in a
> Cobbler server
> and save it in a relational database. For each system and date/time when
> netboot was enabled,
> it saves user, target system name, target Linux distribution name,
> date/time when netboot
> was enabled, date/time when system was restarted via Cobbler, date/time
> when system network
> configuration was requested to DHCP server, date/time of boot
> loader/kernel download via TFTP
> and date/time of automated OS installation end (if user used Cobbler's
> default
> kickstart/autoyast/preseed).
>
> Our setup saves to a MySQL database, but this could be abstracted to use
> any relational database.
> The code assumes there is a DHCP and TFTP server installed locally in
> Cobbler server, as it
> parses DHCP/TFTP local logs. Code works independently of user restarting
> system manually or
> via Cobbler.
>
> Cobbler community has interest in this feature?
>

> Regards,
> Alan Evangelista

Grtz,
Jörgen Maas