On 11/10/2014 08:25 PM, J's Mail wrote:
For point 2, I'm feeling an echo of 'Support custom boot loader configuration file templates' (https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/issues/1328).

They are certainly related, but imho supporting custom boot loader conf templates still do not eliminate the need of adding the Windows SSCM boot loader conf file template to existing boot
loader conf templates if we want to officially support Windows.

Part of the conversation there was: do these pieces of pxe menu need to be associated with a distro or with an image? Can we create a sufficiently useful abstraction that serves both use cases?

The same boot loader conf file template already supports distro and image;
in former, initrd path, kernel paath and kernel command line must be filled; in latter, only "kernel" path. Custom boot loader conf templates would just need to follow existing boot loader conf templates' variables names (eg kernel_path, menu_label
and append_line).

Regards,
Alan Evangelista