It was an icy morning and the birds were in hiding.  Our visitors today, a
high school biology class, learned what it was like to be a field biologist
on a REALLY SLOW day.  Total captured for the day, including 3 recaps, was 7
birds, 3 of which were caught in the final net run at 10:30 when we finally
gave up and closed.

New birds included 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 1 Lincoln’s Sparrow, 1 Oregon
Junco.

Hoping for better weather and more birds this weekend.

Meredith McBurney

Bird Bander

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

303/329-8091 (land line)