Hi COBirders,

With this string of gorgeous evenings, calm and clear, I had to be out watching
the moon for crossings. After a great show Tuesday, I didn't see more than 4-5
birds Wednesday night between 9:00 and 9:30. Tonight I watched with the moon a
little lower in the sky (but, of course, appearing later) from 8:45-9:30. The
rate tonight was about one crossing/3-4 minutes, and several of those I noticed
were bats.

Tuesday was the best, but I think I'm hooked now, and will try some more
evenings until the weather changes (or moon rise is too late!).

Good night birding,
Steve Brown
Colorado Springs