Interesting late shrike, which led me to remember a recent post by
David Sibley on the overlap between the ID of the two species,
especially immature Loggerheads and adult Northerns. See the post
here:

http://www.sibleyguides.com/2010/12/a-perplexing-shrike/

I'm not questioning anyone's ID, how could I, as I was not there. But
I thought people might enjoy Sibley's article, as it was a sort of an
eye opener for my own observations of these two species.

Sincerely,

Scott Severs,
Longmont