For the first time this season, the Catbirds were competing with the Red-winged
Blackbirds for the noisiest birds in the area; we had the first of season in
the net within minutes of opening.

Totals for the day:

House Wren 2 new, 1 return (banded 2009)
Hermit Thrush 1
Gray Catbird (FOS) 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 1 return (banded 2010)
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 2

We were hoping that yesterday's higher numbers would continue, but as you can
see we once again we dropped back down into the 'teens.  It will be interesting
to see what the change in weather brings.  (And, just a reminder, if it is
raining, we will be closed.)

Meredith McBurney
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Chatfield Banding Station